Thursday, August 25, 2011

Home





On my way back to SFO, I stopped to visit Mark's parents and to see a furry friend who's getting on in years. I didn't have much time. I needed to return the rental car and get to the airport.

Later, I walked through SFO to my departure gate and came across this exhibit from the show, Beach Blanket Babylon. If you haven't seen it, go the next time you are in San Francisco. Big hats are an understatement in describing the show's props.


During my visit, people asked if I missed California. I had to say, "Yes". California is where my roots are. I'm a third generation Californian, it will always feel like home.
I told them, "Hawaii is beautiful, but I haven't been there long enough to say it feels like home."

I was in a state of limbo in regards to where home was. A five hour flight gave me time to realize "home" is a state of mind. My roots are in California, but home is where I feel welcome and safe. I landed in Honolulu where Mark greeted me with a lei, a hug and a kiss.

The following morning, the golden sunrise greeted me in the comfort of my home.



No comments:

Post a Comment